Friday, June 22, 2012

Waiting for October

So amongst working, going to school full-time, and spending my summer as a camp counselor, I am planning a wedding!  I feel like Justin and I have been trying to get to this point for a long time.  Despite talking about marriage early on in our relationship, we were together for three years before we got engaged.  We met my sophomore year of college at a Bible study and I tell him to this day that I knew he was the one the moment I laid eyes on him.  I knew he was the one God had set aside just for me.

I will always cherish the college years that Justin and I spent together.  Our journey has been filled with so much!  Together, I think we have changed our majors six times -- Justin finally decided on psychology and I switched from pre-med to English literature and creative writing after three years.  We spent many nights walking the IU South Bend campus, laughing and sitting by the fountain on campus and talking about our lives and getting to know one another.  We've journeyed through illness together as Justin had five surgeries at the same time my junior year of college.  We've truly learned what it means to love and I thank God everyday for what we have.

So here we are -- we've been engaged for 10 months and our wedding is now 4 months away.  When we got engaged last August, I thought our wedding seemed like it was a long way off, and now it's almost here.  When I look at Justin and when I think about how long we've waited for our wedding day, I can't help but get those same butterflies in my stomach that I got when I first saw him at that Bible study four years ago.  I am so proud to call him my fiance and my soon-to-be husband. 

My dad was very sick toward the end of last year and the beginning of this year, and I never would have made it through without Justin.  He stepped up beyond my expectations and drove me the two hours to the hospital almost everyday.  He would stay up late into the night, laughing with me and my brothers until we forgot everything that was going on around us and get up early the next morning to go to school and work.  I have never seen someone have such love.  I am so grateful for everything he has been for my family this year. 


So as our wedding day approaches, I'm trying to focus less on all of the stressful planning and more on what this means for Justin and I.  He is the love of my life and it seems like we have waited so long for this!  I can't wait until the moment I become Justin's wife and we can spend the rest of our lives together as Mr. and Mrs. Samson. 

No comments:

Post a Comment