Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Growing Up

As I mentioned before, up until now I spent my Mondays and Wednesdays as a nanny for my friends, Joe and Tonya.  Yesterday was my last day with Caileigh, Channon, and Colette (I occasionally watched their school-aged brother, Connor) since RECESS is just around the corner.  Tonya came home from work yesterday and took the girls and I for ice cream (and truffles!) at the Chocolate Cafe downtown.  It was a fun outing and I enjoyed catching up with Tonya and watching the girls play.  I am going to miss them!  Luckily, Miss Caileigh is the flower girl for our wedding, so I know we will be going dress shopping very soon for her!

I get to spend the next couple days with a little boy that I love very much.  And when I say little, I mean my fifteen-year-old, high school sophomore little brother, Tyler.  He is eleven years younger than my older brother, Brandon, and eight years younger than me.  Even though he has grown up into a great young man that I am extremely proud of, I will always picture him as that squirmy newborn that I gave a bath to in the hospital nursery, counting all his fingers and toes to make sure there were ten of each.  He was and always will be my best friend.  I gave my parents a hard time when they said they were expecting another baby because I had been the "baby" of the family for so long (and the only girl).  My mind completely changed once I saw Tyler for the first time and he's captured my heart everyday since.  Siblings are an amazing thing -- they are truly a piece of home that never leaves you.

Me with my two brothers on Brandon's 24th birthday (two years ago).

No comments:

Post a Comment