Monday, July 2, 2012

Movies, Friends, & Writing

Okay I admit it - I saw "Magic Mike" on opening night.  I went with three friends to Showplace 16 in South Bend to see it just to find out that they were sold out!  But we didn't give up that easily; we managed to order tickets over the Internet on our way across town to Movies 14 in Mishawaka.  Was it worth the $8 or driving like crazy to get to the theater on time for the 7:50pm showing?  I guess you'll have to find out for yourself.  :)

This past weekend served as catch-up for me from the week.  I never feel like doing anything productive after Recess, so everything seems to pile up on my days off.  Justin and I went to the Farmer's Market and picked up some lovely fresh fruits and veggies and I did laundry, went grocery shopping, and cleaned my apartment.  Where is all of this productivity during the week!?

Yesterday was spent at Rocky Gap Beach in St. Joseph, Michigan, with some awesome friends.  The water was perfect and the beach was beautiful.  Despite a headache that plagued me all day, it felt good to just relax, swim, and enjoy great company.

My sweet fiance making sandcastles at the beach.
Today I was back at summer camp with the kiddos.  I think we all suffered from heat stroke today with the heat index, it was terrible!  I only had 7 kids in my group today.  Looks like some parents thought it was too hot outside for their kids and they were probably right!  Despite the heat, we still managed to finish our book, "My Father's Dragon," play tag in the sprinkler, enjoy pool time, play on the playground, make lava lamps, and work on art projects.  I'm hoping tomorrow is a cooler day!

July 4th is coming up on Wednesday and I'm grateful for the day off.  Justin and I have been together for four years (and have been engaged for almost a year) and our families have never met or even talked to each other, so Justin's family has invited my family over for a cookout on Wednesday for lunch.  I think we are both nervous, but I hear it's better for them to meet now than at our wedding in October!  I'm sure it will be a fun meal with the LaFollettes and the Samsons.  :)

I've been working really hard lately on submitting my writing to various literary journals and magazines in an attempt to get published.  I heard back from a web-zine last week and they have accepted two of my poems for publication!  I'm so excited.  It's just a start, but it's definitely reassuring as a writer to hear that someone else appreciates my writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment