Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Taking it All In

We have had a very unpredictable Week 6 at camp with the weather.  It rained every day this week, but we still managed to keep campers outside on Monday and half of the day today.  The kids are still continuing to grow and learn each day and it's hard for me to believe that we only have two weeks left of camp.  This week, the kids have enjoyed getting muddy on the slip 'n slide, learning how to use chopsticks from a St. Mary's international student, using a paint/soap combination to make art on aluminum foil, and looking forward to our field trip on Friday to a swimming pool! 

The summer will be coming to a close before I know it.  All these Sundays spent at the beach and days spent at summer camp will be a memory and I will be starting my second and final year of graduate school and my new job teaching English composition at IUSB.  (School starts August 27th!)  And then very shortly after that, I will be saying "I do" and Justin and I will be taking our honeymoon and starting our life together in our new apartment.  So many things to look forward to -- God is good!

This week has been a productive one with wedding plans!  One Monday, Justin and I went to pick out a flower girl dress together.  (Our adorable flower girl is Caileigh, the five-year-old daughter of our friends, Joe and Tonya).  Justin and I found a dress that is fit for a princess and Caileigh agreed.  Today after camp, I went to the bridal shop to try on my wedding dress to see what alterations need to be made!  I never get tired of seeing the dress I picked out for Justin and my special day.  I can't wait to pick it up in August and see the final result after the alterations have been made.

This weekend I'm getting ready to head to Iowa with my best friend (and my maid of honor), Deanne, and her sister, Amanda.  The purpose of the trip is to pick up Deanne's 1963 Ford Fairlane from her grandfather's house, but it will be a nice (and much-needed!) mini-vacation for the three of us.  I'm looking forward to just relaxing and spending time with good friends.

In between the usual busyness of life, I am trying to work on some art projects, read as many library books as I possibly can, share many date nights with my sweet fiance, work on constructing a syllabus for the class I will be teaching in the fall, and remembering to thank God for the life he has given me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment