Monday, July 9, 2012

Renovating

So this week marks the mid-point for Recess - four weeks down, four to go.  I can't believe we're already halfway done!  I have gotten to know these kids so well over the past couple weeks and the kids have really gotten to know each other.  One boy in my group never talked or interacted with any of the other kids, but today I saw him running around the playground, jumping in and out of the pools, and laughing with two of the other boys in my group.  There is so much to be thankful for as I watch how these kids have learned and grown over the little time that I've known them.  Oh, but we still have girl drama, lots of girl drama.  I had one girl spit on another girl on Friday - what's that about!? 

I am so thankful that we have had a cooler start to the week today.  I don't know if I could have handled another hot week like last week.  We had melting crayons in the parking lot - enough said!

I am so proud of Justin and how much he is keeping up with this summer.  (We are trying to save money for our wedding, new apartment, etc).  He is working at Recess everyday, working a regular job, going to summer school in Elkhart, and is trying to volunteer at the high school youth group meetings every week.  He is a busy man and hasn't been able to help out as much with wedding plans, but I did manage to get him into Office Depot with me on Saturday to print our wedding programs!  I designed them myself and I think they turned out great!  Justin even had the awesome idea to print them on three different colors of cardstock - yellow, orange, and red to go along with our fall theme.  Did I mention our wedding is three months away?  Can you tell I'm excited!?

Justin and I are moving into a new apartment together in October following our wedding!  Our good friends, Lowell and Katie, own a campus ministry house (college students/interns involved with Impact Campus Ministries live there) and have a two-bedroom apartment ready for us to start renovating on September 1st!  Justin and I toured the apartment a couple months ago and instantly fell in love with it.  Lowell and Katie have brought so much love into the house and I can't wait to start working on it!  The old tenant had cats, so the first thing we'll do is replace the carpet.  We will also be painting, repairing drywall, and eventually moving all our stuff over.  I can't wait for Justin and I to start our lives there together as a married couple!

The fall season is going to be busy for both Justin and I.  Justin will be attending classes for his LAST semester of college before graduating with a BS in psychology and a minor in religion.  I will be Professor LaFollette at IUSB Elkhart teaching my first ever English composition course, starting my second and final year of graduate school, and putting the finishing touches on our wedding plans.  And, of course, there's the renovations/move to our new apartment and going on our honeymoon!  Did I mention we booked our hotel for our honeymoon!?  Thanks to my good friend, Amanda, for getting us an amazing deal at a hotel in Chicago - I can't wait!

God is doing so many awesome things in my life this year.  I can't wait to see where he takes Justin and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment