Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Inhale grace. Exhale gratitude.

Justin started working as a youth director of a church about a month ago, and this week we lost one of our youth group kids to tragic circumstances.  We are all shocked and saddened by what happened and it has reminded all of us to hold each other a little tighter, love a little stronger, and remember that we are all united. 

I just want to say - every life matters.  You matter.  You are enough.  You are a child of God.  You are loved.  You are precious.  Never forget that.

Life is precious.  Every single one.

***

This week has been wonderful, sad, and exhausting all at the same time.  My baby brother, Tyler, became an adult as we celebrated him turning 18 on December 16th.  I can't believe how grown-up he is.  I'm so proud of the young man he has become.  I am grateful everyday for that young man.

Justin and I have spent a lot of time with our new church family this week.  I am completely in awe of the unity of this family of believers and how they come together for each other in the tough times.  I saw amazing moments of prayer in the hospital, in groups of people, at the church...God has been present and he will provide peace for those who are hurting right now in our church family from the tragic loss we suffered this week.

Tonight, we took the youth kids Christmas caroling around the neighborhood.  It was cold, but joyful.  It was great to have everyone together.  I love that God brought Justin and I to this church and this wonderful group of people. 

Along with my recent publications at LEVELER Poetry Mag and Lost Coast Review, I was contacted by the editor of The Main Street Rag today!  They accepted a poem I wrote called "Adoption of the Body" for an upcoming issue of the magazine.  I wrote this poem after returning home from a trip to Missouri with Justin's family last summer. 

This week, I am tired, but I am grateful.  God is good.  I'm surrounded by great people in my life that love and care about my husband and I.  We are very excited about Christmas being just around the corner and returning to Indiana to spend the holiday with my family.

Inhale grace.  Exhale gratitude.

God is good.


No comments:

Post a Comment