Sunday, August 26, 2012

Saying Goodbye to Summer

Starting tomorrow, the summer is officially over for me!  I start teaching my first college course tomorrow morning at 10am at the IU South Bend Elkhart campus and I start teaching my other English course on Tuesday at 10am at the main campus.  Plus, my graduate classes start Wednesday evening!  I finally got the last of my textbooks in the mail yesterday and I am ready to go. 

Since this is my last year, it's time for me to start thinking about my independent writing project.  After this semester, it's two more classes and a finished writing project and I'm graduating with my masters in May!  This is Justin's last semester for his undergraduate in psychology and religion and he will be graduating in December.  I'm so proud of him!  And the great thing is that there is only one graduation ceremony per year and it's in May, so technically we will "walk" together at graduation.  So exciting!  It's going to be a busy semester for both of us with school, work, moving, and getting married, but I wouldn't change a single thing. 

Yesterday, Justin and I spent the evening with my mom's entire side of the family at my aunt and uncle's house in Walkerton.  We got to answer many wedding-related questions and enjoy good food and conversation with family.  I also got several RSVPs for the bridal shower and wedding!  My bridal shower is only a couple weeks away and the wedding is coming up in 55 days.  (And then our honeymoon in Chicago!  Can't wait!)

My apartment is becoming a bigger and bigger mess everyday.  The boxes are beginning to pile up to the point where I can barely get through my hallway or to any of my storage closets.  I was trying to get all of the packing done before my job and school started, but now all I want to do is get these boxes moved so I have room to breathe!  Justin and my apartment opens up in just a couple days and I can't wait to get in there and start working on the place.  Once the carpet is up, I can actually start moving things over and work on unpacking.  I'm hoping the place will look like home by the time we get married.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment