Monday, August 20, 2012

Back to School

I spent last Friday and all day today at orientation for my new teaching job.  In the past week, I've put together a lengthy syllabus, formulated an assignment sequence for my students, and participated in numerous exercises at orientation to help me be a successful professor during my first semester of teaching.  I feel prepared, but still a little nervous!

My second year of graduate school starts on Monday as well as my first day of teaching!  It's going to be an exciting week.

This past week has been extremely busy.  Last Tuesday turned out to be an interesting day as I ventured to Fort Wayne to visit my best friend, Deanne, and take her to an appointment with her doctor.  She has been sick for a few months now and ended up in the emergency room after the routine procedure on Tuesday, but tests finally confirmed a diagnosis and she is hopefully on the road to recovery.

I was able to go in for the second fitting of my wedding dress on Wednesday!  There are still some alterations that need to be made, so unfortunately I didn't get to bring it home with me, but I'm going back for my third fitting on September 19th.  This week has been filled with finalizing wedding plans - I made an appointment with a salon for me and my maid of honor on the day of the wedding, Justin and I had our last premarital counseling session, our officiate wrote up an itinerary for the wedding day, and we are sending out invitations tomorrow!!! Our wedding day is so close!

On top of preparing for grad school, my new teaching job, and the wedding, I officially started packing up my apartment this past weekend.  Justin brought me a bunch of boxes from his work and I got to work packing up my stuff.  I am moving to our new apartment on October 12th and will work on unpacking and doing last-minute renovations before the wedding.  (This past weekend, I had my first painting experience helping my friend, Tonya, paint her little girl's room at her new house!  At least I'm a little more prepared to help renovate the new apartment!)  Our apartment will be available to start renovating and moving stuff over the first of September, so I'm trying to get everything but the bare essentials packed up and moved.  It's going to be a very busy fall season, but I feel so blessed.  God is good!

And my bridal shower is coming up in just a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment