Monday, September 18, 2017

Recent Photography Projects

Hi all! It's been awhile since I've updated my blog, but so much has happened in the past few months! This summer was fantastic; I took and passed my preliminary exams for my doctoral program (and I just started my third year). The first baby was welcomed into my family on August 1st with the birth of my beautiful niece, Madilynn. There was lots of time spent with friends and family and, of course, time spent doing the things I love - writing, creating art, and taking photos.

I've had quite a few photo projects lately, the most recent being the opportunity to take headshots and group pictures for a local theater company, Act 2 Productions. (They are doing their first show this weekend - Seussical Jr.! My husband is the tech guy and I've been volunteering when I can; the show is great! Visit their website for tickets). In addition to the headshots and the shoots I will share below, I also had the opportunity to shoot all of the photos for the new graduate teaching assistants at Bowling Green State University and did updated photos for full-time faculty members in General Studies Writing and English. Keep an eye on the website - I'm sure you'll see a photo I've taken.

So, I figured I would share some of the photo projects I've done recently. The first is an engagement shoot I did for my cousin Danielle and her fiancĂ© Cory. (Funny story - as I was about to do their photos on July 31st, my mom called to tell me my niece was going to be born, so I left right after the shoot to travel from Ohio to Indiana to make it in time for Madi's arrival). The second shoot is a wedding that I did for my dear, dear friends Dylan and Ally on August 26th. (You might remember that I did their engagement photos back in February - see those here). My husband Justin was a great second-shooter for me at their wedding. We make a great team!

Here are some of my favorites from those shoots. Enjoy!

Danielle + Cory - Engagement Session









Dylan + Ally - Wedding














Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! To see more of my gallery or to talk with me about a shoot, visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment